Full Lake Kariba to Binga Cruise: 3 Nights
Departing from Kariba harbour by mid-day, whilst lunch is served on board as we cruise across the Lake to Gordons or Palm Bay in the Matusadona National Park. Arriving at our first night’s destination in the late afternoon for our tender boat based activities of game viewing or fishing exploring the bays and inlets with their resident wildlife populations followed by evening sundowners and snacks as we watch what are known by many as some of the best sunsets in Africa.
We start off the day with a light continental breakfast before our morning activities of game viewing or fishing from the tender boats before cruising over lunch to Three Finger Bay. Our optional activities here include a game walk/game drive or visit to the remote Tonga Fishing Community or simply sit back and relax by the pool and soak up the Kariba sun. For those not out on a land based activity we will go out for a late afternoon tender boat cruise followed by sundowners whilst we watch the sun setting over this Majestic lake
We set sail before dawn travelling through the Kota Kota narrows into the Sengwa Basin, cruising half way down this Iconic lake that borders Zambia and Zimbabwe to our destination in the Sengwe River system. The afternoon/ evening is spent by tender boat exploring this wild and remote area with its great birding and magnificent scenery. We will have a social Braai dinner on the beach this evening around a camp fire.
An early departure as we cruise through to Binga over breakfast arriving in harbour by mid-morning for your onward transfer to Victoria Falls or Hwange National park.
Check your transfer rates here
3 Night Cruise
- CLICK YOUR CRUISE CHOICE:
Read up on each cruise and decide which cruise option suits you by clicking on the cruise name i.e Sengwe River Cruise
- PICK A DATE:
Once you have decided on a cruise pick a date from the set date options below that cruise. Note these are set departure dates.
- CLICK YOUR DATE CHOICE:
Once you have decided on a suitable date, click that date which will take you into the booking form page.
- PICK A CABIN:
From the booking form choose a cabin, configurations are given next to each option.
- CLICK BOOK NOW:
Once your cabin is selected with a 1 click BOOK NOW to get to the next page.
- ADD A TRANSFER:
From the extras booking list select your transfer option TO & FROM the cruise. Please note these are PER PERSON so you need to enter the number of people you are booking for, for each option.
- ENTER DETAILS:
Please enter all the required fields in this information form.
Be sure to add any additional details such as special dietary requirements, allergies etc.
- CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT OPTION:
There are 2 options for payment, CARD or BANK TRANSFER.
A bank transfer must be done within 12 hours in order to confirm your booking, thereafter the booking is released.
- CLICK FINALISE BOOKING:
Once you click finalise booking you will receive an email notification with all your booking details.
$995 /3 nights
High Season (1 May 2017 – 30 November 2017)
Pick a date
- General Details
- What’s Included
- Optional Extras
- Child Policy
- Tour Guide Policy
- Itinerary Disclaimer
- All rates are in United States Dollars (USD). Payment can be in equivalent Intl Currency (GBP/EUR/ZAR).
- All rates are per person (pp) sharing in a cabin
- Single Supplement – Per Person (pp) Rate plus 50% for cabins.
- National Parks Conservation Fees, Fishing Permits and River / Lake Usage Fees are EXCLUDED.
- Boarding and / or disembarking could be by speed or pontoon boat from and / or back to harbour.
- Zambezi Cruise Safaris reserves the right to limit the number of single cabins.
- Zambezi Cruise Safaris reserves the right to sail ANY of our vessels on ANY cruise itinerary and in certain circumstances may SUBSTITUTE another vessel of similar standard.
- Minimum Sail Policy :
- Full Lake Cruises – 10 Pax
- All Taxes and Tourism Levies
- Full Board (All meals)
- Beverages: All local Zimbabwean beers, spirits, soft drinks, still purified water, tea and coffee and selected South African wines.
- All boat based activities from smaller tender boats which include fishing, game viewing, birding and sunset cruises
- All fishing equipment and bait.
- Land based activities and canoeing.
- Land Based National Parks fees and Entry Permits (where applicable).
- All Road and Air Transfers (see our Transfers section).
- Visa Costs.
- Travel Insurance.
- No Children under 7 (unless a full charter), over 12 charged as an adult
- One adult sharing a cabin with a child under 12 will be charged at a full adult sharing rate
- Please note there are no separate children activities, menus and programs on the cruises but we will endevour to accommodate where possible.
For Agent Information Only
- Each cruise will have a guide/ host on board for activities.
- *Please note *For guided group series there is no specific tour guide cabin on our boats, therefore (unless a vacant cabin is available, for which there will be no charge) the guide will be required to use day beds on the covered deck areas with mosquito nets and public ablutions.
- Tour Guides not using a dedicated cabin will be charged at $ 75 per person / night including meals & drinks
- If a cabin is required for the guide / pilot this will be charged at standard cabin rate.
- *Please note* Unqualified tour guides (under Zimbabwe Regulations) cannot walk /canoe or guide any activities alone. Any qualified guide must submit a copy of his permit to us two months prior to departure to allow us to add him /her to our Matusadona walking and driving
All rates for all transfers available on request.
Available to all of our partners lodges on Lake Kariba; Rhino Safari Camp, Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, Musango Safari Camp (others by request).
AIR TRANSFERS – (Min 4 Pax)
Zambezi Cruise Safaris can organise a seat and charter rate for Air Transfers from Victoria Falls to Binga / Binga to Victoria Falls ( 40min) / Victoria Falls – Bumi Hills / Bumi Hills to Victoria Falls (50min) / Kariba to Victoria Falls / Victoria Falls to Kariba (60min) and all destinations including Pamuzinda Safari Lodge.
- Harare International Airport (HRE) <> Pamuzinda (1h30m)
- HRE <> Kariba/Mana Pools (4h30m)
- Kariba <> Mana Pools (Chirundu) (2h30m)
- Mana Pools <> Pamuzinda (5h)
- Victoria Falls <> Binga (5h)
- Hwange Main Gate <> Binga (3h)
While it is our intention to supply as much detail as possible to our cruise itinerary (overnight mooring, described routes, activities etc.) There is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make alterations . The trip details and general guide to what to expect on a cruise and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered (Lake Levels, Green Season, Weather) – All effect the wildlife experience.