Binga To Kariba
Full Lake Binga to Kariba Cruise: 3 Nights
Departure day starts with an early morning collection from your Victoria Falls Lodge or Hotel, for an interesting road transfer through tribal lands en route to Binga. We will set sail at midday enjoying a scrumptious lunch whilst we cruise to the Sengwe Basin. On arriving in the late afternoon the main vessel will moor on the shoreline allowing use of the smaller tender boats to explore the remote Sengwe River system. With stunning scenery, resident hippo & crocodile populations , great birding and possible game sightings before returning to the main vessel over sundowners to the main boat for a relaxing beach braai around the camp fire.
We set sail before dawn through the expansive Sengwa Basin as we cruise almost half the length of this iconic lake that borders both Zambia and Zimbabwe arriving in the Bumi basin in the Matusadona National Park for our afternoon tender boat activities and evening sundowners.
Day three starts with a light continental breakfast followed by morning activities from the tender boats or optional extra of a Game Drive/ Game Walk or a visit to the remote Tonga fishing community.
Lunch is served as we cruise further down lake to Palm or Gordons Bay to moor in a secluded inlet before spending the afternoon exploring the Lake shores and Bays for wildlife sightings followed by evening sundowners and snacks as we watch what are known as some of the best sunsets in Africa.
Early morning departure for Kariba Harbour, breakfast will be served as we cruise across the Lake to arrive in harbour before mid-day and continue with your safari.
Check your transfer rates here
3 Night Cruise
- CLICK YOUR CRUISE CHOICE:
Read up on each cruise and decide which cruise option suits you by clicking on the cruise name i.e Sengwe River Cruise
- PICK A DATE:
Once you have decided on a cruise pick a date from the set date options below that cruise. Note these are set departure dates.
- CLICK YOUR DATE CHOICE:
Once you have decided on a suitable date, click that date which will take you into the booking form page.
- PICK A CABIN:
From the booking form choose a cabin, configurations are given next to each option.
- CLICK BOOK NOW:
Once your cabin is selected with a 1 click BOOK NOW to get to the next page.
- ADD A TRANSFER:
From the extras booking list select your transfer option TO & FROM the cruise. Please note these are PER PERSON so you need to enter the number of people you are booking for, for each option.
- ENTER DETAILS:
Please enter all the required fields in this information form.
Be sure to add any additional details such as special dietary requirements, allergies etc.
- CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT OPTION:
There are 2 options for payment, CARD or BANK TRANSFER.
A bank transfer must be done within 12 hours in order to confirm your booking, thereafter the booking is released.
- CLICK FINALISE BOOKING:
Once you click finalise booking you will receive an email notification with all your booking details.
High Season (1 May 2017 – 30 November 2017)
Pick a date
- General Details
- What’s Included
- Optional Extras
- Child Policy
- Tour Guide Policy
- Itinerary Disclaimer
- All rates are in United States Dollars (USD). Payment can be in equivalent Intl Currency (GBP/EUR/ZAR).
- All rates are per person (pp) sharing in a cabin
- Single Supplement – Per Person (pp) Rate plus 50% for cabins.
- National Parks Conservation Fees, Fishing Permits and River / Lake Usage Fees are EXCLUDED.
- Boarding and / or disembarking could be by speed or pontoon boat from and / or back to harbour.
- Zambezi Cruise Safaris reserves the right to limit the number of single cabins.
- Zambezi Cruise Safaris reserves the right to sail ANY of our vessels on ANY cruise itinerary and in certain circumstances may SUBSTITUTE another vessel of similar standard.
- Minimum Sail Policy :
- Full Lake Cruises – 10 Pax
- All Taxes and Tourism Levies
- Full Board (All meals)
- Beverages: All local Zimbabwean beers, spirits, soft drinks, still purified water, tea and coffee and selected South African wines.
- All boat based activities from smaller tender boats which include fishing, game viewing, birding and sunset cruises
- All fishing equipment and bait.
- Land based activities and canoeing.
- Land Based National Parks fees and Entry Permits (where applicable).
- All Road and Air Transfers (see our Transfers section).
- Visa Costs.
- Travel Insurance.
- No Children under 7 (unless a full charter), over 12 charged as an adult
- One adult sharing a cabin with a child under 12 will be charged at a full adult sharing rate
- Please note there are no separate children activities, menus and programs on the cruises but we will endevour to accommodate where possible.
For Agent Information Only
- Each cruise will have a guide/ host on board for activities.
- *Please note *For guided group series there is no specific tour guide cabin on our boats, therefore (unless a vacant cabin is available, for which there will be no charge) the guide will be required to use day beds on the covered deck areas with mosquito nets and public ablutions.
- Tour Guides not using a dedicated cabin will be charged at $ 75 per person / night including meals & drinks
- If a cabin is required for the guide / pilot this will be charged at standard cabin rate.
- *Please note* Unqualified tour guides (under Zimbabwe Regulations) cannot walk /canoe or guide any activities alone. Any qualified guide must submit a copy of his permit to us two months prior to departure to allow us to add him /her to our Matusadona walking and driving
All rates for all transfers available on request.
Available to all of our partners lodges on Lake Kariba; Rhino Safari Camp, Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, Musango Safari Camp (others by request).
AIR TRANSFERS – (Min 4 Pax)
Zambezi Cruise Safaris can organise a seat and charter rate for Air Transfers from Victoria Falls to Binga / Binga to Victoria Falls ( 40min) / Victoria Falls – Bumi Hills / Bumi Hills to Victoria Falls (50min) / Kariba to Victoria Falls / Victoria Falls to Kariba (60min) and all destinations including Pamuzinda Safari Lodge.
- Harare International Airport (HRE) <> Pamuzinda (1h30m)
- HRE <> Kariba/Mana Pools (4h30m)
- Kariba <> Mana Pools (Chirundu) (2h30m)
- Mana Pools <> Pamuzinda (5h)
- Victoria Falls <> Binga (5h)
- Hwange Main Gate <> Binga (3h)
While it is our intention to supply as much detail as possible to our cruise itinerary (overnight mooring, described routes, activities etc ) There is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make alterations . The trip details and general guide to what to expect on a cruise and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered (Lake Levels , Green Season ,Weather) – All effect the wildlife experience.
Zambezi Cruise Safaris reserves the right to amend or change any route, activity or destination.